Saturday, August 24, 2013

24 Aug 2013 Early Ending

So I wanted a little more time with the kids, so I could read Tristram's favorite book to him, allow Addy to tell me what she's been doing, and then have time for them all to play the board game I spent months creating for them.

I emailed two days before hand and said I'll be online an hour earlier.  (Originally, my ex said that the allotted time available was 8 am to 2 pm - which is 5 am to 11 am my time).  Normally, I sign on about 9 am and talk to them until 11.  So I said I'd be there around 8.  Her response was "the kids will be on at the regular time".

Translation - I'm giving you the bare minimum time with your kids.

So around 9 am they log on.  I read to Tristram.  I talk to Israel.   Then we start the mission on the board game.  Israel goes into the kitchen, goes into the fridge, grabs butter, unwraps it, carries it back into the room, smears butter on their iPad (the only device the kids have to communicate with me).  It cuts off the call, the kids scramble to clean it, and when the call is finally reestablished, I make the comment "Are there any adults around to watch Israel?".

Two minutes later, my ex tells them to turn off Skype.  I say, "We still have 40 mins."  She says, "Justin, when I say your time is up, your time is up."  The program closes.

But they're still online.  I send messages and emails, no response.  I try calling them back, get the message that they're busy.  In Skype, if they are still green-light-active, this means they are in another call.  After that I got no response.

So this week I got a whopping hour and 20 mins with my five kids.  And watch, I guarantee that when I go to court next week, she'll tell the judge that I'm not interested in spending time with the kids, that I barely spend an hour a week with them.  She'll also tell the judge that she bends over backwards trying to accommodate me, but that I simply don't make the children a priority.



No comments:

Post a Comment