Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Children's Mistake

November 5, 2014.

So my kids got to visit me here in sunny San Diego back in April.  My ex had a good job at Delta Airlines - which means she could fly free - ANYWHERE.  What an awesome job, right?

The court papers said I only had the kids for one week.  So that's what I expected.  Until she told me that she needed them to stay longer.... two WEEKS longer.  Now I'm all for more time with the kids.  I love having time with them.  I'd have taken them longer if need be.  But the money I pay to the US court system is based on how much time I have with the kids.  So my ex was all about making me have minimum time on paper, but then maximizing the -actual- time I have with them.  So that I'd be paying extra.  She uses the excuse that I should thank her for the extra time.  Which I would, if she'd be honest to the court about it.  But she continues to tell the judge that I have no interest in the children, that I never ask after their education or health or anything else.

When my oldest told her he had the most fun he'd ever had in his life, she promptly quit her job - thereby destroying any chance for them to fly to California again.  When I tried Skyping with them, she said their computer broke.  When I tried calling them, she told me she had a job that required her to be on the phone all day.  I asked, when could I call?  She said only Mondays and Wednesdays, and only between 6:30 and 8:00.  I called every Monday and every Wednesday for FOUR months.  She never answered the phone a single time.

So far, I've missed Tristram's birthday.  I've missed Gabriel's birthday.  I missed Halloween.  I'm about to miss Israel's birthday and Thanksgiving next.  I haven't had any contact - at all - since June.

In fact, she changed her phone number and told everyone she had to because I was harassing her.  I guess calling during the times she specified counts as harassment these days.

At any rate, the children have paid the price.  I can't send them presents.  I can't play games with them.  I can't even talk to them.  I don't know where they are.  I don't know what's happening to them.  And this is all Okay, in her mind, because she is the victim and she's protecting herself and her children.

Another point for Borderline Personality Disorder and the awesome Family Court system, who gets incentive pay based on how many child support cases they have open, how much they charge, and how much is owed in back child support.  This is all free information you can find on the web.  The laws are publicly displayed.  The last US senator who tried to fight the corruption (Nancy Schaefer) was shot dead in her living room, along with her husband, and the police ruled it a "murder-suicide" - despite the protests of all the neighbors and family and friends.  Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment